• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error opening catalog message in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a monthly contract for Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. All of a sudden I cannot open Lightroom.  When I select the program, a message pops up "Do you want to allow this app to make changes".  I reply yes.  Then a message pops up "Unexpected error opening catalog.  Cannot be opened due to an unexpected error."  Try again, choose a different catalog, or exit are my options. Nothing works. Should I uninstall and reinstall??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Check the permissions on the folder the LR catalog is stored in. If your OS did a recent update it could of changed the permissions on that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions on the folder the LR catalog is stored in. If your OS did a recent update it could of changed the permissions on that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsure of what you mean but computer and app don't need updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message now everytime I try to open LRC. the permissions for the file are all on. However that file has a red X rather than the green check mark that other files have. What is going on and how do I fix it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having same issue! It's killing me and my clients! Please Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines