Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error opening catalog

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I haven't been able to open my usual and only catalog on Lightroom this week. Whenever I try to open it it just gives me this message:

"Unexpected error opening catalog

The catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error". 

Gotta say this is a little frightening, as I basically have all of my eggs on this one Lightroom Catalog's basket. 

I'm running it on a Mac Sierra 10.12.6

Solutions I've tried: 
Restarting computer

Changing location on the catalog (help I'm desperate)

Thank you to anyone who can help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unzip a recent backup, put this unzipped backup catalog in a brand new empty folder, and see if it will open by double-clicking on it. If that doesn't work, put the unzipped backup catalog on a new disk in a brand new empty folder, and see if it will open by double-clicking on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dj_paige

That works! 

Unfortunately my last backup is from February 2022. I'm still wondering if there's anything I can do to recover the work from March-onwards. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can you do? First, commit to making regular (once a week or even every day) and automated backups of your LrC Catalog. Also, turn on the LrC feature to "Automatically Write Changes to XMP", this is a partial backup.

Other than that, I am not aware of any steps you can take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines