• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error opening catalogue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much as the title says, LR is unable to open the catalogue on launch. The catalogue is there, I can see it when I go to 'Choose a different catalogue' option but even when I select it manually it won't open.

The only way to get around this to make it open is to restart the machine then it'll open first time.

However, if I then close LR and try to reopen I get the same error.

Running latest version of LR classic (according to Adobe updates there are no updates to install). Running on Mac Pro 2019, with latest non beta version of Big Sur.

Any ideas how I can open my LR without having to do a restart before every time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with the same setup. Can't open any catalogues, even previous backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy a recent backup of your catalog file to a brand new empty folder, paste the catalog file into that brand new folder, and see if it will open.

If that doesn't work, make a new copy of the recent backup, paste it in a brand new empty folder on a different hard disk, and see if it will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but no luck on my side, catalogue won't open from anywhere for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but no luck on my side, catalogue won't open from anywhere for me.

By @jamesc30710704

Perhaps I misunderstand, or perhaps your words are not precise (or both!).

The advice was to work with a copy of a recent backup of your catalog file and see if that opens. I did not suggest (as your words imply) that you move the actual catalog file to a different location. So exactly what did you try? And what exactly happened? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word verbatim error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I tried that step by step and get exactly the same issue with the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines