Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected kernel mode trap Windows 11

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Since upgrading to windows 11 lightroom keeps crashing my pc after a few moments of running fine.

The error message is "unexpected kernel mode trap".

I researched the issue and it could be related to a graphics driver error. However, none of the driver updates or downgrades I have performed seem to have had any effect. 

Disabling the gpu in lightroom could also fix the problem but this leaves me with a slow and unsatisfactory user experience witch I think is unacceptable for this expensive service model. 

I was wondering if anyone else on the forum has encountered this issue and how they may have resolved it. 

Hope you all have a great day!

lightroom classic version: 11.4.1

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly not a Lightroom Classic bug. These types of errors are either hardware or driver related.

If you google "unexpected kernel mode trap" you will find lots of suggestions to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows bring up the events viewer and look at that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines