• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall and reinstall Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My C drive is getting full can't install latest updates. I have another drive D on computer. can I uninstall Lightroom from C and reinstall on Drive d?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is all your data located, including photo image files? It's much easier to put all your data on D: than try to install programs there.

Also, What size is your C: drive. In Windows, it pretty easy to install a new and much larger drive (SSd prefered) for C: drive. Your C: drive should have at least 20-25% free for proper Windows operation.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small 105 gig SSD for Windows. That is the problem Windows has
updated me right out of room. I had 35 gig when first got it now I am down
to eight gig on C. Have all photos and catalog on D. drive of my computer
and have lots of room on it for Photoshop and Lightroom. I would think it
would be Possible I just want to be sure before I uninstall from C drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thsi is the first time on guidlines so I dont know if this is how I update my question but I did uninstall my Lightroom and Photoshop from C drive and reinstalled to D drive. It was very easy and took about 20 minutes. Just had to change prefrences in Adobe Creative cloud. From there went very smothly synced up with my catalog with no problems, and the best thing is that it allowed me to install the latest upgrade after I got it on D drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the good advice from @KR Seals , your photos take up most of the space, and usually this is a lot more space than the application. I would move the photos from C (if that's where they are) to a different drive, rather than move LrC to a different drive. Instructions (scroll down to Part 2 — Updating Folder Location)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos are on a different drive including Lightroom catalog I need
to put Lightroom and Photoshop on a drive other than C can I do that.? I
have a drive D. lotas of room on my computer (no not a external drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many documents on the Internet on cleaning up Windows 10, Getting rid of junk, getting rid of leftovers, getting rid of unneeded programs (watch out for old versions that did not get deleted by the way)

For example:

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-ways-to-free-hard-drive-space-windows-10

(in that site, notice the next button, lots of pages)

• A upgrade of LrC should not be a big hit, perhaps the previous version did not get removed?
  • A major Windows upgrade can leave behind files, such as the previous OS (in case you need to revert) (this is mentioned in web pages)
  • Temp files, and Recycle files could be adding up (keep it clean)
  • CACHE files (other than paging file) might not be clearing out after use
  • Lots of documents on C?
  • Lots of Download files no longer needed on C?
  • etc.

Oh, and where do you keep your LrC catalog backup? And your photo backup(s)? C? I would keep them on a different drive, but not the drive your catalog or photos are on, probably an external one or two (or an internal if you can add another one)

P.S. Yes the LrC program can be installed to other than C, but not all of it, and might not be worth the trouble, and might need to be mitigated at each and every update or upgrade. Capability is in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA). In ACCDA preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The size of the Lightroom Classic Catalog will grow quite slowly; however, continually adding more images to the same drive will cause it to run out of space much faster. I would leave the LRC programs and Catalog on your fastest drive, and move all images to another drive, perhaps a large external Hard Drive.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines