• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unspecified Lightroom failure

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working very nicely for many years, my lightroom classic software has now been crashing consistently. I have been without a workable Lightroom product for about 2 months now.  My workflow is backed up and overdue.

I have tried to contact customer support five different times.

I have previously provided my location and time zone to 3 different people.  I am located in California USA which is in the Pacific Daylight Savings zone (UTC -8).  I have told these 3 people that I should be contacted between 1 and 4PM PDT.  I had a scheduled phone call for yesterday between 1 and 3 PM.  I confirmed this with 2 different people.  No one from Adobe called me.  I had canceled appointments and I sat around waiting for a call that never came.

Last night, at 9:33PM, as I was just getting into bed to go to sleep, I received a telephone call from Adobe Customer Support.  TOTAL DISRESPECT!!

I have wasted over 5 hours trying to deal with Adobe customer support and many more hours trying to self diagnose LR issues.

Adobe is totally at fault for its software failures and its customer support failures.

History:

1. I reported issues back in March using the online chat.  I got no resolution
  2. On 4/16,  I spent hours with the online rep who took control of my computer, messed up my computer configuration, and then abandoned me.
  3. On 4/16, I initiated a 2nd online chat.  This representative was not able to clearly communicate in English.  Typing skills were also lacking a indicated by the extreme delay in getting any replies.  With this rep, I had scheduled an escalated response phone call for 4/17 between 1PM and 4PM.  The rep then dropped out of the conversation before it was concluded.
  4. On 4/16, I placed a telephone call to customer support, specifically to confirm the escalated support telephone call that I scheduled with the online rep.  This was confirmed but the rep set the time window to be between 1PM and 3PM.
  5. On 4/17, at 3PM after having not received the twice confirmed, twice promised, telephone call, I called customer support and spoke with Atish, an alleged manager.  Atish promised me an escalated response within 2 days, and that he would personally follow up within 2 days.
  6. On 4/17 at 9:33PM a call was made to me referring to the first 4/16 online chat.  This call I did not pickup the phone as I was in bed.
  7. On 4/17 at 10:24 I received an email regarding the first 4/16 session.  In this email it is stated that you did not have my telephone number.  If that was true, how did you call me at 9:33??  These discrepancies indicate a huge and complete failure on Adobe’s part.
  8. Why did it take Adobe more than 24 hours to attempt to get back to me following the 4/16 technical rep’s abandoning me???? 
  9. My telephone number is and has been on my account.  Why is it that every rep says that they need for me to provide my telephone number???
  10. How do I get lightroom to work and get decent support from Adobe?
  11. How do I export all of my images with editting from an intelligent folder structure to a new location while maintaining the folder structure?
  12. What alternative software suggestions might there be???
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably get much better help here than from support. There are many experienced LrC users here that are willing to help you.

To begin with, please go to Help > System info, click the Copy button, and post paste in a reply here.

The system info might give us a clue as to why LrC is crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you given thought to asking the volunteers and other users in this forum for some advice? One of the gurus with lots of experience might just have an answer if you can provide some pertinent details.

Adobe product and Version number. ?
Operating system and Version number?

A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
The full text of any Error Message(s) if any.
What you were doing when the problem occurred.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines