Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unwanted Sepia Tone

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a sepia tone being applied to all of my photos in the navigator and filmstrip windows. This happens in both the library and develop modules. The histogram is even set in a sepia tone. The only place this tone is not applied is in the the actual development pane, however once I change the image to full screen to inspect the photo, the tone is applied. I have included a photo with zero edits added, except changing it to BnW to try and show the problem better. I have tried reseting the program and reinstalling LRC. The reset has worked in the past, but is not working anymore. Any help is appreciated. 

toned.jpg

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a defective monitor profile, probably delivered by a Windows update, which is known to install low quality profiles from monitor manufacturers. These profiles are often defective out of the box.

Lightroom and other color managed applications use the monitor profile to be able to display correct colors.

The colors are converted from the document profile to the monitor profile.

Applications like the Photos app are not color managed, and are unaffected by a bad profile.

To fix the problem, set the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

This may not be entirely accurate, so for best results you should calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

This will also create and install a custom monitor profile, that describes your monitor accurately.

With Lightroom closed, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as default.

color-management.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines