• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 12.3 lost presets disaster

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My auto update installed Lightroom Classic 12.3 and all of my presets have disappeared. The old fixes I found online don't work. The presets are in there somewhere because I tried to download them again and it would not let me. 

Can somone please help me salvage my day? This is killing me wasting time trying to fix something that was never broken.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Hey @Brian299689383xw4. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out.

In Lightroom Classic, check if this option is enabled in Preferences > Presets > Location > Store presets with this catalog.

SameerK_0-1684651778213.png

If enabled, your presets are stored with the catalog you used before Lightroom updated. In Lightroom, go to File > Open Recent > check the names of the catalog you've used and go to each to find the presets.

To speed this up, use the spotlight search in the macOS finder & look f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Brian299689383xw4. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out.

In Lightroom Classic, check if this option is enabled in Preferences > Presets > Location > Store presets with this catalog.

SameerK_0-1684651778213.png

If enabled, your presets are stored with the catalog you used before Lightroom updated. In Lightroom, go to File > Open Recent > check the names of the catalog you've used and go to each to find the presets.

To speed this up, use the spotlight search in the macOS finder & look for '.lrcat' to list all the catalog files on your computer.

If the above option is not enabled, do you recall a preset name you used? Look up the file on your computer & move it to the folder that opens up when you click on the 'Show Lightroom Develop Presets' in the menu I've shown above.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer, please help. 

I have found my presets and moved them into the Develop Presets folder within Lightroom Settings. But I am still unable to access them. I am used to presets appearing in a box to the left of the primary Lightroom window, but this left box has disappeared and I can't get it to come back once I'm in the develop module.  I tried making a "new preset" using one of my old ones, in the hopes that the box would appear, but got an error message: "File has already been imported." This is incredibly frustrating, as I have clients waiting for their edited portraits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, @Robert27101269li85. I'll need more info to help you figure this out.

Do you have an image opened in the Develop module? You need at least one image open in the Develop module for the Presets panel to populate.

About the presets, did you create these presets, or did you get them from elsewhere?

Check the Color Profile (4 little squares) on the right side in the Basic panel and check if the presets appear there.

If this does not help, upload a bunch of your preset files & share them with me here or via direct message.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! Thanks for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that! Feel free to reach us again.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines