Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update does not allow copying catalog file from Windows to Mac

Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finally got the 14 inch MBP and would like to move my LR catalog from my Windows desktop to the MBP. I copied the .lrcat file from Windows to Mac, opened LR, there is now no menu to open the .lrcat file directly. The only option is "migrate catalog", however, after selecting the .lrcat file, LR errors out. Looking into the log file, it basically says:

The file is either copied or exported, so LR failed to migrate the catalog.

Some online post suggest this is due to the file path of the .lrcat file is different from the record in the .lrcat file (somehow LR tries to record the .lrcat file path inside the catalog to prevent from what?)

How am I supposed to migrate nowadays from Windows to Mac?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Sounds like you installed Lightroom on your MBP. Lightroom can migrate a catalog. You should have installed Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact name and version of the Adobe software in use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried last night, so it is Lighroom Classic v11 since nowadays you can only install through Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you installed Lightroom on your MBP. Lightroom can migrate a catalog. You should have installed Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure it is Lightroom Classic v11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops, you are actually correct! I reinstalled Lightroom Classic today, and everything works perfectly!

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines