• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update of Topaz photo AI no longer working with Lightroom classic as plugin

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using lightroom classic 12.1 with Topaz Photo AI for the past few months without a hitch. I updated Topaz today to 1.1.7 and it no longer works. I followed the instructions in the preferences in lightroom to add the external editior. I browsed to Topaz in the applications folder. I have a mac studio. When I clicked on plug in extras and clicked on process with Topaz Photo AI, from lightroom's menu, it appears to open Topaz as it did in the past but then I get a message of "Failed to process the photo. Topaz Photo AI either failed to start or did not finish successfully."

I can however, open Topaz Photo AI up as a stand alone, and open jpgs on my desktop, but I cannot open files on my disk that are in lightroom catalog using Topaz as a stand alone or through the lighroom plug in. So strange.

I have uninstalled and installed both Topaz Photo AI, and Lighrtoom Classic. Nothing seems to be working. 

I would love suggestions to make it work again.

Thank you,

Darrel

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos are in the catalog. I can go to any of the photos in Lightroom and call them up for development or to look at them when I try to use the plug-in for topaz AI for any of the photos including ones that I took today and uploaded as well as any I took over the last half year I get that same message that Topaz failed to start or did not complete successfully. This seems to be a issue with Lightroom classic since I am able to open Topaz directly and drop any JPEG into it and use its functions. As I have mentioned, I re-pointed Lightroom classic to topaz for the external editor and I can't see what else needs to be done . Thank you for the suggestion. The catalog is up-to-date and everything is easily found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot when I try to open a photo directly from Topaz- I point it to my lightrooom catalog:

DarrelNichols_0-1673921497092.png

and here is a photo of what I get when I am in lightroom and try to use the plug in:

DarrelNichols_4-1673921669257.png

DarrelNichols_6-1673921781292.png

DarrelNichols_7-1673921811961.png

Darrel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you choose an 8-bit Adobe RGB Tiff?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also using the Plug-in Extras menu is usually designed for opening Raw files in another app. Does Topaz support DNG? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean,  it has accepted the files from LRC (RAW from my R7 which it converts to DNG). Nothing had changed other than the update to 1.1.7. When I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.1.6 everything seem to work again so it seems it is an issue with topaz in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least you have a resolution, albeit not necessarily what you wanted. Thanks for coming back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated Photo AI to 1.1.7, and I can sometimes see the same problem....so I definitely think this is a Topaz issue. When using "Edit in...." I'm not seeing any issue, but when using the Plug-in Extras procedure it will sometimes (but not every time) fail with the error that you are seeing. FWIW, proprietary raw files don't seem to cause a problem, but some DNG files (all converted internally by LrC from proprietary raw) do cause the problem. It's odd, because some DNG images from the same camera/shoot will work, but others will fail. But I think it's a Topaz problem with the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing. I uninstalled and re-installed version 1.1.6 and everything worked. It seems the problem is with the Topaz update. I hope they fix this. 

Darrel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Darrel, I have had identical problems with Topaz Photo AI and Lightroom Classic. I just tried your fix, of dropping back to the 1.1.6 version, and Presto! Back to where it was working again. Thank you very much for that, I was starting to pull my hair out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines