• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update "Process Version" not available when Syncing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest version, in the Sync settings, you can not change the process version and have it sync with the other settings. The option is unavailable.  See the attached screen grab. Process Version.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Process Version option will be auto-selected if a related setting is selected."
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2021-3.html#other-enhancements

These words in the Update notes suggest to me that if there is nothing in the Settings influenced by the Process Version, then there is no reason the check the Process Version box. (It is irrelevent for the Preset, or Sync action, being created). Ot maybe some Settings depend on the current Process Version and will not work if the PV is changed.

Laura Shoe puts a different spin on the wording-

https://laurashoe.com/2021/06/08/super-resolution-native-m1-support-and-more-come-to-lightroom-class...

"Process Version will be automatically selected when Basic tone controls and/or Treatment & Profile are checked (and it can not be deselected). This change also is present in the Sync and Copy/Paste dialogs."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but I tried to change the process version to a different version.  I like to use version 2 for the Fill Light for some of the real estate work I shoot, and while it IS "Auto-Selected", the process version didn't sync. The first image (where I set my defaults) changed, and then the rest went back to Process Version 5. Does THAT make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does THAT make any sense? No, and I see the same- Using Copy and Paste: the Process Version 2 does not 'Copy' to multiple selected images in the filmstrip. But by using the [Sync...] button it does!

I doubt Adobe would see this as a 'Bug'. There would be few LrC users that want to go back to old Process Versions.

What does make sense to me would be to use PV 5 exclusively, and know that the Shadows slider does the same as the Fill slider in PV2. Use PV5 only, and you have no worries about the PV with C&P or Sync of Develop adjustments 🙂

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get it to go to all of the photos, even using the sync button... and trust me when I say that the Shadows slider DOES NOT do what the Fill Light slider did. The ease of the Fill Light and Recovery sliders make it so much faster to do my work. I do Real Estate, sometimes 3 homes a day, which all need to be processed that night, often 30-50 shots per home. Fill Light and Recovery are CRUCIAL. This isn't just my opinion.

https://petapixel.com/2015/02/16/use-lightroom-secret-slider-trick-extreme-shadow-recovery/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watched the video- interesting! A 'new' idea for me from 2015!

I note the words in the article- "do extreme shadow recovery as a last resort:"

I also have done RealEstate photography, but never needed "a last resort".

I revisited the Develop module and retried applying PV2 to selected images only this time with a Preset that includes just the 'Fill Light', and AutoSync- Applying the Preset applied Fill and PV2 to all the selected images on the filmstrip.

Try AutoSync instead of Copy&Paste- see if you have better results after Adobe's changes to the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.

I have a develop preset using Process Version 2 (also primarily becuase the "Fill Light" slider is better for my needs) and even though "Process Version" is checked, it will not sync.

Even if the target photos are already using PV2, when I try to sync develope settings from a source image using PV2, it changes the target photos to PV6.  

Have you/anyone found any solutions?

It seems like a small/easy bug to fix but it's been there for at least a couple of years now. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at the point where I don't think it's a bug. I think it's a feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only have the problem on PCs.

PV2 syncs correctly on my MacbookPro using the same version of Lightroom Classic.

That said... if it is a feature...

giphy.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines