• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to 12.3 AI noise reduction won't recognize .tiff or .jpeg format, also will not import photos

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked forward to the LRC 12.3 update with AI noise reduction; however, it has crippled my ability to use lightroom classic.

First of all, i get a message stating AI noise reduction is "not available with this file format" of either .tiff or .jpg

Second of all, whereas I have never had difficulty importing photos this is now all of the sudden crippled and I cannot freely import photos.  My settings are on ADD photos with the "Don't import suspected duplicates" box unchecked.  There is plenty of space on my hard drive.  The checked files and import buttons are still greyed out and nonfunctional for "most" but not "all" of my file folders.  It seems to discriminate against importing .tiff files over .jpg files but I cannot figure out what the hell is going on.

All of this happened with the recent update 12.3 containing the AI denoise and masking upgrades.

Lightroom classic is now unusable for me!!!! Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc desktop >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Denoise only works with Bayer and X-trans raw files.Your TIFF and JPEG files have already been demosaiced. So, no longer raw. You can read more at below link

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2023/04/18/denoise-demystified

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines