• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Lightroom Version 12 Catalog issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Lightroom 12.01 and when I opened my current catalog I recieved the below screen 

mjmagee_0-1668992323206.png

I updated the catalog and now have missong photos and folders, I check the location where the old folders were stored (on a external hard drive) and the photos are still there but will not come over to the new catalog/version of Lightroom.

I have a new Mac Book Pro running Ventura 13.0.01 I havbe had no issues until this update.  

Can someone let me know if theis is a known issue, and how I canuodate my catalog and hopefully get the old catalog uopdated correctly.

**I am not very computer savy, so hopefully i have provided hte correct amount if infoemation for a fix.   

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you read the message carefully you might understand that you are trying to upgrade an 'OLD' version of a catalog a second time, - not the right thing to do!

Find the Catalog you upgraded to v12 previously by searching with Finder for .LRCAT files that have a -v12 suffix in the file name. They would be an 'upgraded' catalog (unless you renamed in the upgrade).

"Missing" folders and files are highly probable if you 'opened' an old catalog to upgrade.

DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING!  Importing will NOT fix this problem. You need to find your correct working catalog that was upgraded previously.

When you find the correct catalog - set your Preferences for the 'Default' catalog you want to open-

2022-11-21 11_45_58-Preferences.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines