• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated on 2nd device but now prompted to buy??

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I mostly use LR CC on my desktop. I could not update the latest version on my laptop as it did not have the adequate software. Recently had that upgraded, LR CC updated but when I open the program a box appears that gives me only 2 option; either buy or a 7 day free trail??? My account is utd and LR CC is signed in only on the desktop, the laptop is my 2nd device. 

I use LR on my laptop for travel

Please help, thanks

Netta

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you log into the Creative Cloud Account on that machine? 

You can install the software on any number of machines but you can only have TWO activated and run (have the software running), one machine at a time. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its only 2, desktop and laptop. LrC was installed I just updated via the creative cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, there is no Lightroom CC anymore. Hasn't been for quite some time. There is Lightroom Classic, and there is Lightroom (the version that stores everything in the cloud). Please clarify which version you are referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, Lr Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, on that upgraded laptop. Your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, are you signed in? If you are, then sign out, If you are not, why were you not? At any rate, now sign in, watch out for any errors. Next bring up Adobe.com, see if you are already signed into your account, you should be, look at your plan, is that correct?

Then launch LrC, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go into my adobe ccount on the desktop it only shows the desktop as signed in. When I go into my adobe account on the laptop and go to my plan to access the apps Lr, cloud photoshop etc is says install not just open. Should I just uninstall and reinstall all on the laptop I suppose? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NdV wrote:

If I go into my adobe ccount on the desktop it only shows the desktop as signed in. When I go into my adobe account on the laptop and go to my plan to access the apps Lr, cloud photoshop etc is says install not just open. Should I just uninstall and reinstall all on the laptop I suppose? 

Yes.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have uninstalled LrC and reinstalled via my adobe account signing in and out as well but all it does is installing the 7 day free trail repeatedly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines