• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates have been disabled for this machine.

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running LR CC Classic 8.0. and want to update to 8.2. Creative Cloud says that there are no updates. Auto update is checked on.
If I check for update from in LR, I get "Updates have been disabled for this machine. Please contact your administrator"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Just had Adobe live support on the line. They took over my PC and deleted a whole bunch of folders and reinstalled Creative Cloud. Now I can update. There was a problem with the Creative Cloud App.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Rename or delete the file AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat and then Chcek for updates in CCDA it worked.
Mac : /library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0
Win : C:\Program files(x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, if it worked properly, clicking on update inside of LR would just bring up the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Now an old issue existed with the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app that no updates were being shown, even though updates existed. But that predates v8 of LR Classic CC, so probably not your issue. One solution was to uninstall just the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app. Download a fresh new copy and reinstall it. Just the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, nit Lightroom etc. I am hesitant to recommend that.

On the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app, the three dots upper right (I think) select check apps for updates.

Also, in that app, three dots, preferences, what version? 4.8.0.421?

Yonder if Adobe is putting a hold on v8.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, version 4.8.0.421.
If I select check for updates in Creative Cloud, it shows LR as up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a PC at home or at work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a home PC. Auto updates are enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd uninstall the Creative Cloud app and reinstall it.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that updates have been disabled or auto updates have been disabled?

Auto-Update is disabled or not available in Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app is key to the entire CC suite running. If that little app is broke, then everything else, especially as it relates to updates comes to a screeching halt.

Time to uninstall it, download a new copy, then install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud app. It keeps telling me that other apps need it, and it won't unistall...tips? I'm running windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And read

Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications

IMO solution five should be just the Adobe a Creative Cloud Desktop app, not all of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had Adobe live support on the line. They took over my PC and deleted a whole bunch of folders and reinstalled Creative Cloud. Now I can update. There was a problem with the Creative Cloud App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rename or delete the file AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat and then Chcek for updates in CCDA it worked.
Mac : /library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0
Win : C:\Program files(x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines