Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates Not compatible

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Creative Cloud says the updates are not compatible with my versions of Lightroom, Photoshop, and Bridge.  Why is this? I am a paid subscriber, and have been keeping every thing up to date.  How can I get the latest updates I am paying for?  Do I need to cancel and find different software?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact word-for-word message? I will guess that the updates are not available for your operating system, but I await your information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the latest Cloud updates are not compatible with your hardware or operating system?

Are you running Catalina? Support for Catalina was dropped in the latest round of updates. You must now be running Big Sur or later.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hardware is not officially compatible with anything newer than catalina, but I have found a third party installer that will let me install Ventura or Monterey. Is it the OS, or the hardware that Adobe is dropping? It would be nice if I could stretch another year or two out of this machine that is otherwise running quite well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the OS, or the hardware that Adobe is dropping?

Not sure I understand the question but I suspect the answer is both.

Your system needs to meet or exceed the system requirements which includes OS and hardware.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's first and foremost the OS, but if you install an OS version on your hardware that is not officially supported, then it's possible that this combination will give you problems when you update Lightroom and/or Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My hardware is not officially compatible with anything newer than catalina, but I have found a third party installer that will let me install Ventura or Monterey. Is it the OS, or the hardware that Adobe is dropping? It would be nice if I could stretch another year or two out of this machine that is otherwise running quite well!

By @brianh57385565

For a modern version of Lightroom Classic, the minimum system requirements are:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

macOS Big Sur (version 11.0) or later.

Having zero ideas what hardware you're running, you can now go to Apple and see if, indeed, you can update to Ventura or Monterey. If you cannot, then no, you're stuck where you are with the software you have, from Adobe or otherwise. 

OSs and Hardware, along with software, progress over time. You either go with that progression, or you don't. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines