• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some advice before I update to the current version of 12.2.1 for LRC & to the current version of Ventura on my MacBook.

I have my catalog and all images on my MAIN external  SSD and use another external SSD as a physical backup which is an exact duplicate along with BACKBLAZE as the online backup. 

Before I perform these 2 backups, is there anything I should do beforehand to be safe? Very new to LRC and to MacOS and have just got comfortable moving around both. Just wanting to make sure I perform these updates correctly and take care of anything before I begin.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

James.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole point of backups is to make you safe. You don't need to do anything before the backups to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to say, Before I perform these 2 updates, not back ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to say, Before I perform these 2 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meant to say, Before I perform these 2 updates.

By @James26286381wsci

These two updates do not modify your existing catalog or your existing photos in any way. So it is perfectly safe to do updates.

You still have the responsibility to make backups of your catalog file and your photos, in a regular and automated fashion. If for some reason, you haven't been making regular backups (while I assume that is what Backblaze does, I don't really know, and so this advice is for everyone, not just the OP), then that is the highest priority, do that for many reasons, unrelated to upgrading software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"..I have my catalog and all images on my MAIN external SSD and use another external SSD as a physical backup.."

Be aware that if you are doing a 'Clean install' of the Ventura OS, then you will need to also make backups of your Presets, Plugins and Preferences, etc. Do it anyway!

BACKUP - WHICH FILES?

Upgrade the OS. Install Lr-Classic v12.2.1.  Perhaps consider these upgrades like a 'new computer'.

Re-connect LrC to the Catalog on the main external drive.  See Step#5 here- Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines