• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating from lightroom 4 to lightroom classic

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved to the new macbook pro m1 and wanted to move my catalog from lightroom 4 over to the new lightroom clasic. 

1. I moved my Lightroom 4 Catalog.lrcat into the lightroom folder. 
  2. I open lightroom and it says choose a different catalog. 
  3. I navigate to theLightroom 4 Catalog.lrcat.
  4. Upgrade catalog. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 8.46.19 PM.png

This upgrades the catalog but when I launch lightroom none of my previous edits are showing like adjustment brush dots. Basically everything looks to be back to original photo ? 

Anyone can help with this ? 

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for a different catalog. Sometimes  the upgrade gets the last catalog used wrong.

Note: this could be an issue with the preference file . Normally it might be advisable to reset the preference file, but the old v4 preference file,will be replaced in your case. LrC v11 will create a new one as you are not coming from LrC v7 or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the History panel say for each image that seems to be missing edits? Does the History panel show all the edits, is it on the most recent (top) History step, or is it empty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for the help. After multiple attempts to update catalog it finally showed me my edits and history is now showing. 

No I dea why this would happen and then just work but its working. I did get one set of photos showing 

The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?

Again no idea why one bactch of photos over another would show this. Anyone know how to batch overright settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines