After updating Lrc to version 13.0 all my photos were dark

[moving from bugs to discussions according to the community rules - Mod.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is badly underexposed, which is confirmed by the histogram, so this is not LrC's fault.

I'm guessing that you have activated a setting in the camera that lifts the shadows and midtones, which leads you to believe that the image is correctly exposed, when it is in fact underexposed.

These camera settings are applied to the raw file's embedded jpg preview, but LrC doesn't understand these settings, and ignores them. (there are exceptions for some cameras)

In the future, please do not attach images, insert them directly in your post by clicking the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After updating Lrc to version 13.0 all my photos were dark

[moving from bugs to discussions according to the community rules - Mod.]

By @silvio33240842kxg4

Key word here is Upgrading. Yes you stated Updating, but you "Updated" to v 13.0. That would not be an update, but an upgrade.

Second key word is "All" That in conjunction with Upgrade (My assumption) and looking at the History Panel of your example. Makes me suspect a catalog issue.

So, getting to my point. If you did indeed Upgrade LrC, and as a result the Catalog got Upgraded, it is possible that LrC failed to upgrade the correct catalog. Typically when the default setting to open previous catalog is in use.

Close LrC, USe Windows File Explorer to look for the correct catalog that previously worked (it will not be a v13 one I suspect) and double click on it, LrC should then prompt for an upgrade, Cross fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines