I can't update LRC without being prompted to first close LRC

On MacOS, current version

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok. An update can only be installed if the corresponding program is also closed.

Or I have misunderstand your question.If yes, please describe your issue mor detailed.

What your are doing exactly.

Whats's the exact error message?

Which version of Lightroom and MacOS do you use?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, error message says I have to close LRC as it's in conflict with trying to update it, which is an infinite loop of sh*t.

Lightroom Classic version: 11.3.1

MacOS Monterey 12.5

How do I update LRC if it's closed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...How do I update LRC if it's closed??

By @MrGiff

Normally the updates were install within the Adobe Creative Desktop Client. In the client the available updates were shown for the appropriate apps. To install the update(s) you click on "Update".

More informations you'll find here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your computer it seems Lr hasn't closed properly. So just restart your Mac and immediately update LrC from Adobe's Creative Cloud app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, shall try that. Thanks very much.

Though weird how neither Mac nor LRC notify me that this will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's updating now. Thanks for your help!

Adobe: as a newbie to Mac, I'd've appreciated LRC disaplaying a notification to say that the update would be triggered by a restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update done!

I open LRC, click Help to check the version, but now the Help drop down menu bar is impossible to close.

Does no one test software any more?

macOS is full of oddities too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, no, another UX fail: I couldn't close the Help menu (which was floating above the 'whats new in LRC' message) til I'd clicked to close the 'whats new..,' message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines