• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade catalog LR classic to version 12 not very succesfull

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded the catalog to version 12, no issues there but now I have a not good working Lightroom and I cannot import anymore.

I have latest version 12.0.1 but that didn't solve the issue. No previews, no histogram, ...

Lieven_vr_0-1667043442394.png

Anyone the same issue? Or any tips?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't import, but you don't explain anything about this. Your screen capture is not the Import dialog box. We can't help with Import problems without more infomration.

As for your other issues, try resetting the preference file. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - maybe the two things are related?

First I reset my settings, when I launch LR, I see the same behavoiour. No previews, no metadata visble, my folders don't show the count of images ...

Lieven_vr_0-1667057467940.png

After some time I see now copy and import? And images are showing bud very slow.

Lieven_vr_3-1667057796250.png

For the second, I wanted to import some images. I see the SD card, when I click on, add to collection, my collections don't show up. When I import, I see some progress for a sec but nothing happens.

Lieven_vr_2-1667057641808.png

Very strange behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I did that. No solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downgraded to 11.5 to get my catalog back and to import new images. Version 12(.0.1) is not good at this moment ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meet the same issue.

After upgrading, very slow.

Something wrong with the catalog.

You can try to optimize catalog option. Maybe the issue can be resolved, maybe not.

I have several catalogs ( I create catalog by years), this solution works with part of them.

This issue occurs with catalog with many photos (more than 10k).

If your photos are on a network driver, it is likely to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for that. I have one big catolog with 180000 images. A part of the images are referenced to my NAS but with version 11.5 no issues with it (and also the previous versions of lightroom classic). Optimize catalog is not a solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that this problem is caused by size of catalog, there are people with 1/2 million images in their catalog, and are not having this problem. What plug-ins do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just the smugmug plugin version 3.3.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling this plug-in to see if the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My situation is very same like you.

All my photos are on NAS,several catalogs, some catalogs with more than 70k photos in it.

Optimize catalog works with few catalogs, and failed with the others.

With the failed catalog, navigate between photos, observe the metadata panel, the file info changed accordingly very slow. For example, select image 1 and  switch to image2, but the file info displayed on matadata panel is still image1, it will take more than 5s to show file info of image2.

And I do more invetgation with it.

In the failed catalog, update the location of the root folder to local driver (any folder, make all photos missing, offline)

Then you will find that the navigate between photos will be normal (Observe the metadata panel, the file info changed accordingly very fast.)

Then select one subfolder, update the locaiton to the real location on the NAS. Try photo navigation in this subfolder. If it is normal, updata the location of the other subfolder.

After updating 3 or 4 subfolder location, if all is normal, do optimize catalog once. Then update the location of the root folder to NAS. Then it is very likely to be normal. 

But I still get one catalog failed, I still do investigation on it.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines