Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Upgrade issue

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost all photos from Lightroom after upgrading to 11.4 version. I lost them before as well after upgraded to 11.3. It took me ages to import photos from memory cards and edit them again. It means I have to to the same thing again? I really don’t want to swear but it’s ridiculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "lost"? 

Lost from the Catalog? Lost from the Hard-drive? Showing in the Catalog as "Missing"?

TBMK there is no LrC v11.4  (Current version is 11.3.1) What does the report from MENU: Help > System Info... show?

Why are you needing the memory cards again? Havn't you 'copied' the images to the hard-drive when you first imported?

Where are you files stored?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.0.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.0, Lightroom 6.0, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you keep your photos? The photos, not the catalog. Are the actually gone, or just nit in the LrC catalog?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you keep your catalog(s)?  Is LrC opening the correct catalog? Sometimes st updates, but more likely at upgrades ( a small % of users) LrC looses track of where it was before.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I lost all photos from Lightroom after upgrading to 11.4 version. I lost them before as well after upgraded to 11.3. It took me ages to import photos from memory cards and edit them again. It means I have to to the same thing again? I really don’t want to swear but it’s ridiculous.

By @Anna243642065tj7

Explain further what you mean by "lost all photos". No one else has to re-import photos when Lightroom Classic updates. You shouldn't have to either. Also, please double-check your version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic and let us know.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines