• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded from 4.2 to 5.1 and want to revert

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used LR 4.2 and was suggested to upgrade : which I did ! But I ignored that this comes with a cost - too late : The bew version of LR overwrote my old version and asks for money to continue to operate.

I was happy with my 4.2 version - which now I lost !

Bye Bye ADOBE - feel REALLY fooled !!!!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the old (probably a decade old) Lightroom 4.2, or the new cloud-centric Lightroom 4.2?

If you mean the old Lightroom 4.2, Adobe hasn't prevented you from using your old Lightroom. Just find it in your operating system (in Windows, it should be in your Start menu) and open it. (Or re-install it)

If you mean the new cloud-centric Lightroom 4.2, you want to post your questions in the Lightroom ecosystem forum. Nevertheless, you can reinstall 4.2 via the Adobe Creative Cloud app, see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ad dj already mentioned, you can always reinstall your old 4.2 version and continue to use that.

Your catalog has been copied, and the copy has been upgraded to work with the latest version. If you go back to 4.2 you need to make sure that you open the old version of the catalog which has been left untouched since the upgraded one is not compatible with the old version of LrC

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines