• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to LR CC v12 & Mac Ventura OS. Now LR export with droplet to PS 2022 stop working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just upgraded to LR CC v12 & Mac Ventura OS. Now LR export with droplet (set of PS Actions) to PS 2022 has stopped working. I get an error message saying the droplet is broken.

I have been using my droplet for a couple of years without any problems when exporting my files from LR in my desired file format (e.g., .jpg or .tiff).

I have tried recreating the droplet, re-importing etc etc and nothing seems to work.

I have referred to JulieAnn Kost's droplet / actions video, and also my LR text book, and Archipelago Quest FB group but have been unable to come up with a solution.

I upgraded to Ventura at the recommendation of Quest group as new LR started wigging out (going super, super slow on the previous OS).

I am not a techie person, and I notice there are a lot of technical responses in this group, so can you please keep responses as simple as possible please?

Many thanks. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Leanne, 

Have you resolved this?  My story is exactly the same as yours.  Per a suggestion on the Lightroom Queen forum I ensured that full disk access was/is granted for LR and added the droplet to the full access list, but it didn't change anything.  Droplet still crashing.  

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 1.46.01 PM.jpg

Thanks, 

Jace K.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jace K,

I am so sorry I haven’t replied earlier. 
I haven’t had any other responses to this issue, apart from yours. 
I think I will have to log the issue with Adobe to get any thing happening. 
Given they LR and PS are both Adobe products this seems reasonable. 
If you have had any success please let me know. 

Best,
Leanne H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leanne, 

I contacted Adobe to advise them of the issue and was ultimately told that their engineers are aware of it and are working on a solution, though I have yet to see any evidence of this in recent updates.  I found the following videos helpful (especially the first one) and my droplets are working again after following the instructions found in the first video.  Also be sure you have added your droplet to the "Full Disk Access" list in System Settings - Privacy & Security and then make sure that your droplet is given full access.  I've only had to use the "open droplet method" just the first time and so far my droplets are working without issue, even if it's just a temporary fix.  I hope this helps you as well.  Let me know how it goes.  

Jace 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10MGw1hhFec 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT9sfyiPyPw 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.  This is a Photoshop issue, not LR.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jace, I did what you said and it worked!!!!! Amazing - thanks so much I can now export directly from LR to PS again and action my droplet. Yasss 🙂

Thanks heaps, Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Finder, try dropping one or more images directly onto the droplet. If it still doesn't work, it's a Photoshop issue rather than a Lightroom one, and can moved to the appropriate forum where the PS experts hang out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines