• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading Lightroom Smart Preview Catalog to v11 Removes All Images

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Upgrading Lightroom Smart Preview catalog to v11 removes all images. I have an older catalog (I beleive Lightroom 10) with Smart Previews. The catalog file and smart preview file are both over 1gb in size. I'm prompted to upgrade the catalog when I try to open it. After the catalog is finished uprading there is only 1 photo in it and the new catalog file is only 1.7mb. Somehow upgrading the catalog removes all the data. I don't receive any error messages during the upgrade process. 

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 11.0.1
  • OS Version Number: Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open a catalog from Lightroom v10 or older with only Smart Previews (no original files).
  2. Update catalog using Lightroom v11.0.1

Expected result: Catalog should have all Smart Previews from original (v10) catalog.
Actual result: Catalog seemingly missing all except 1 Smart Preview and the new catalog (v11) has drastically reduced in file size from 1gb to 1mb. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this with a 10.1 Lr Cat with only Smart Previews and it upgraded fine without any image loss. 

I am not able to replicate the issue. 

Can you try it again after a computer restart?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When upgrading, LrC may have selected the wrong catalog. In theory, the most receint catalog is opened and upgraded, but Did LrC get that correct? Close LrC, use Finder to locate existing catalogs, find the one you know to be correct (check date), double click on the catalog.

note, I see that Rikk Flohr has replied, Sir, IF it is the wrong catalog, could that indicate a preference file corruption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines