• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading old lightroom 4 catalog to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an old lightroom 4, which has some catalogs I haven't touched in years.

At this point, I need to upgrade them, and I tried finding a Mac OS version of lightroom 6 to make the jump.

Has anyone had this issue in the last year or two? I don't want to lose the catalogs if possible.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade should have no issues, and your original catalog will be kept untouched. So, nothing to lose. 

As for going to LR6, you have a perpetual license? 

For where to download old versions of Adobe installers:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. However, when i download the DMG, i get this:

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 2.40.00 PM.png

Any idea why? 
I'm not able to install it for some reason.
- I'm on MAC OS Monterey 12.6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because part of the LR6 installer is 32-bit code, whereas Monterey (and Big Sur and Ventura) are all 64-bit only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Can you think of any workarounds?
Sorry, total newbie to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey and maybe Ventura (I never tried that) but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 
IF your new Mac isn't an M1 (Apple Silicon), you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines