• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

URGENT : Can't stop catalogue optimization on Lightroom 11 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT:

I'm within the (french) preference window of Lightroom 11 (today -i had just updated to latest minor update) where I exceptionally decided to hit the optimize button here. Usually I do that at close down of sessions and it takes about a minute. Today (but this way within the preference window) - after about 30 minutes I decided to interrupt that optimization since the option is proposed to abandon the process. I hit that button and it took it into account (grayed) - but the process bar keeps hopping from left to right - now since 15 minutes.

Can I just shut down the computer (win10) .. ????

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Where is the catalog stored? Is it on the internal drive or an external drive? Go to Edit > Catalog Settings > General >  Location:

Could you please share the screenshot of this behavior for a better understanding?

Please do not force close Lightroom Classic.

Go to Go to Edit > Catalog Settings > General > Backup > When Lightroom Exits next > Proceed to close Lightroom. 

In the backup window, uncheck 'Test Integrity before backing up' & 'Optimize Catalog after backing up' and take the backup for now.

Let us know if it helps,
Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it all alright. Just lost 15 minutes explanations I prepared to send to You here - but I hit the preview button, then wanted to correct something in my text, there were two options (in french) : Abandon, and Message.  I figured Abamdon would put me back into the publishing mode. Error. It deleted everything. Cant be bothered with these ABSOLUTELY crazy interfaces. Won't start all over.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like Lightroom is stuck in some kind of loop??

I use Mac and would Force Quit, so I'm Windows can you close it using Task Manager?? 
Then open again .. if there is an issue report back. I hope you have a recent back up for worst case scenario.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines