• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Usb card reader disconnects when in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a usb card reader which I use to download my files from a XQD card. It works perfectly when I browse the folders in windows, but when i open lightroom and launch the Import window, it usually to starts to disconnect and connect, making the task of importing pictures impossible. Is this a known issue? How to fix it?  Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version NUMBER?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic 12.2.1, the latest update i got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem this weekend for the first time. LrC 12.2.1, Windows 11, but I was not using a card reader, I had the camera attached to the computer via a USB cable. The camera card/camera kept disconnecting from the computer. Eventually I was able to import all my photos in about 4 tries.

I don't know what caused this. I suspect in my case it is a hardware problem.

The workaround, obviously, is to use your operating system to copy the files to your hard disk, and then import from your hard disk. Again, I have no idea what caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see, so maybe it's better to report this as a bug. Do you know how to do it? Is any Adobe representative reading this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree with @dj_paige  that this is likely hardware or OS related. Without repeatable steps that another can replicate the failure it is likely not a bug. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography , in my case, I did not try to use my operating system to access the photos, it was all done in LrC, and so I haven't ruled out hardware problems. In the case of @Steveonline he specifically said when he used his operating system the card reader worked properly. So that's different than my situation, and its much harder to see how that could be a hardware error. But also hard to reproduce and provide repeatable steps, especially since there are no other similar complaints that I have seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly, it's not a hardware- or-OS related issue in my case, it's an only arising when launching the import window in Lightroom, and it happened several days in a row now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I cannot replicate your failure. 

The card reader functions as expected within Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 on Windows. 

I still suspect you have a local issue. I've seen several posts regarding QXD older readers so I am still suspsicious of a hardware issue.

Have you:

Reset Preferences?

Clean Reinstall of Lightroom? 
Updated Windows?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reporting back

Today I went to import photos into LrC. Same problem as I mentioned above. I mention for completeness that I leave the cable to the camera plugged in to the USB port all the time, I disconnect it from the camera. In this situation, I disconnected the USB cable to the camera (I do not use a card reader), and then connected the cable to a different USB port. Everything works properly with this other USB port. I then plugged the cable back into the original USB port, and it still works properly, leaving me to conclude that somehow the cable was not completely and securely plugged in when I had the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines