• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User created LUTS (Profiles) not showing up in LR Classic 8.3 (Latest update)

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my presets and profiles (.xmp) are showing in Library\Application Support\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings. All of the profiles that I have purchased are visible when I launch the latest LR, however, I just made some new Profiles and they are not showing up. No User Profile tab is visible at all. However, they all show up in Camera Raw in PS. I have tried to check and uncheck the "Store Presets with Catalog" option in Preferences and neither work.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add to the above question that I have tried to Import the Profiles from the File menu and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you click on the + symbol on the Presets panel, select, manage, do they show up, but not checked off to be visible?

I may be confusing develop presets as shown in the Presets panel, with Profiles shown in the Basic panel (profiles)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Profiles and when I clicked on the + in the Basic Tab in Profiles, I added them but they didnt show up. They were there before the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Preferences > Presets > Store Presets With Catalog checked? Camera Raw doesn't know about that setting and will store newly created profiles in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings, while LR will read them from ​catalog-folder​/Lightroom Settings/Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I physically moved them from ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings to the folder Lightroom /Settings with the catalog and then reimported them. It works now. So thanks for the help - at least for now.

I didn't have the profiles saved with the catalog before as I have a few catalogs. Just tried to open a different catalog and they are not there. Do I have to add them to each catalog? Never had to do that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Preferences > Presets > Store Presets With Catalog checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want a separate copy of your presets stored with each catalog, then uncheck that option. Then both Camera Raw and LR will load presets from the same folders:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s where I had the issue. The profiles weren’t loading. Maybe if I drag them into the imported folder??? Think that would work? I can try later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s where I had the issue. The profiles weren’t loading. Maybe if I drag them into the imported folder??? Think that would work? I can try later today.

It's not clear what you've tried and haven't and what the current state of your folders is, so let's step back and review.

With the option Preferences > Presets > Store Presets With This Catalog unchecked, LR reads develop presets and creative profiles from these two folders:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings

When that option is checked, LR reads develop presets and creative profiles from these two folders:

catalog-folder/Lightroom Settings/Settings

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings

where ​catalog-folder​ is the folder for your current catalog.

Note that after you uncheck or check Preferences > Presets > Store Presets With This Catalog, you must restart LR for it to take effect:

Also note that LR won't automatically load the contents of these folders after you add or delete .xmp files or create a profile in Camera Raw -- you must restart LR to force it to reload the presets and profiles.

So that we're on the same page, try these exact steps, and if you don't get the same results, stop on that step and provide details:

1. Verify Preferences > Presets > Store Presets With This Catalog is unchecked.

2. Restart LR.

3. In Photoshop's Camera Raw, make a new creative profile called "Creative Profile for John" in the default group "User Profiles":

4. In the Camera Raw profile browser, verify that Creative Profile For John appears in the group User Profiles:

5. Restart LR to force it to reread profiles and presets.

6. In the Profile Browser in LR's Develop, verify that Creative Profile For John appears in the group User Profiles:

7. In LR's Profile Browser, right-click Creative Profile For John, do Show In Finder, and verify that it is stored in:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/store-presets-with-catalog/

mind you that one more than a bit dated, suspect paths wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And have you considered resetting your preferences file, undoing checking off that store presets with catalog, might require that

How to set Lightroom Classic preferences

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

Ahh, read all the way thru on that first link, a simpler restore presets might suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man can you help me with something. The profile button in not visible in basic panel on my lightroom 5.3. 

16458620696066553578173232146079.jpg

I have few xmp files which i opened in camera raw on photoshop and saved it as the youtube videos suggested, they said now go to Lr it'll show up automatically in profile. But i don't see my profile tab on baisc panel. Sorry for bad english if any. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is quite an old version of Lightroom. Only much more recent versions can use the "xmp" creative profiles, including LUTs. There are many other differences too, for example with Develop presets, as well as some more adjustment tools and a newer Process Version.

The range of camera profiles available to use with a given Raw photo is shown elsewhere in your version, I believe at the top of the Calibration panel. Those profiles are ".lcp" format (if I remember correctly) and are fully camera-specific.

Unfortunately, many current YouTube videos do not apply to the software version you are using. It is not possible to upgrade to latest Lightroom version with a single payment: the only way to use that is under a subscription term contract. Only you can decide whether subscription is worthwhile for you, but in my opinion the Photographer plan offers very reasonable value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to get away with it?

The reason I'm using LR 5.7 is because of my low spec pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe does not offer Lightroom Classic any other way, and there are some more onerous hardware requirements now, such as a 64-bit OS (IIRC). If you wanted to consider the (current) cloud version of Lightroom instead, that allows editing purely in a web browser (hence not so dependent on the specification of your PC), as an alternative to a desktop installed application (which ties into the same cloud-based image library). That option is very different in several ways from the software and the Catalog that you currently have. It is not a simple matter to switch, and for example if you are used to relying on folder-based organisation of your images - there are no folders in the cloud based system which is currently just called "Lightroom". It's not just a technical difference it is a radical difference.

My suggestion is to persist with what you have until you are ready to both adopt better hardware, and also take on the current subscription based software - "Lightroom Classic". We were all pretty happy with Lr 5.7 back when it was released, and it (and your computer) probably haven't since become any worse in absolute terms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines