• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Interface on High Res Monitors still unuseable after how many years?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand this could be fixed with a workaround in Windows 10 (application backwards compatibility), but that option is not accessible in Windows 11 anymore (at least not that easy).

The interface is pretty tiny on a 5k monitor and there is no internal way to increase it's scale.

Still it's 6+ years after the first community threads about this issue and it is still not fixed. I really don't mind the extra screen real estate to work on, but it would be nicht, if I could actually read the text on screen. And this interface has a lot of text.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

The interface is pretty tiny on a 5k monitor and there is no internal way to increase it's scale.

Have you tried changing the font size in Preferences > Interface ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See (and try): https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-custom-display-scaling-setting-windows-10

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that one, but I won't mess with my screen settings for just a single application that ignores the configured scaling factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop UI scaling follows the setting in the OS, at 25% increments. No user action required beyond setting it in Windows.

Judging by the lack of complaints here, this has worked flawlessly and reliably since introduced in CC2014.

Now, if it doesn't work on your system, you should submit a bug report with all relevant details of your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, wrong forum, sorry. I thought I was in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the font size in Preferences > Interface ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I did not, since it's been on "Auto" for years.

But I did find that scaling for "Auto", "Small" are identical and "Medium" is slightly larger now. I have to manually set it to "Large" get the same size as before the update. (see screenshots)

If Auto only scels to small, then what's the point in having Auto-scale? Since previously it just took the OS UI Scaling and applied it to the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines