• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Permissions

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I'm having trouble with Lightroom Classic on my Mac when I open it it shows the dialog box "Lightroom Encountered User Permissions Issue" Click to repair! Click to repair doesnt help clicking Learn More doesnt help I see other peopl have had similar issues I've read the topics and course of action but to be honest I'm not that computer literate.

Could anyone please explain in laymans terms?

Thanks in advance Nige

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this link provides the necessary information.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27ā€ mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I've tried this twice I'm thinking of maybe uninstall and re instaling Lrc see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestions for how to do this were also just posted in the forums!

Sounds complicated but it is rather simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will continue to solve it but I've tried or dont understand whats posted in the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html

• Choose Go > Utilities.
  • Double-click Disk Utility.
  • Select the volume in the left pane for which you want to repair permissions.
  • Click the First Aid tab.
  • Select the volume to which you want to install the Adobe application, and then click Repair Disk Permissions.
Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt work either Lrc is installed on my SSD but I export the images to a 2TB internal drive thats the drive I performed first aid on 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently added spyder x pro and colorchecker passport I'm thinking maybe uninstalling these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont know about the SPider X pro, however I do know that the color checker software works very well with LR on a Mac.

What exactly dont you understand in the forums?

And have you tried giving LR full disk access as in the link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

With the new OS, you need to do that with a lot of software applications when you install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines