• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Preset category not showing up in Presets panel

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Preset in Lightroom (ver 11.3.1) under the "User Presets" group.  The User Presets group does not show up in the "Presets" Panel.  Any idea how to get that to show up?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

So I may have found the problem.  I had an old copy of On1 2018 on my MBPro with Big Sur OS.  I went through the manual removal procedure as detailed by On1 on their website, then rebooted my laptop.  It seemed to work as my "User Presets" folder is now available.

Thanks for the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a Right mouse button click (is that a Mac [ctrl+click] ?) on the [+] on the Presets header and check that 'User Presets' is checked 'on' in the Manage dialog.

2022-04-28 09_49_20-Window.jpg2022-04-28 09_49_01-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work. A User category was not listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very unusual to not see a "User Presets" Group header. (Preset organizing in LrC is still a mystery!)

Individual Presets can be 'hidden' if they use a Profile Treatment that cannot be applied to the edited photo (eg. a JPG not compatible with a RAW Profile), but the User Group Title should still be visible.

Have you tried all the often suggested remedies?-

1) Reset the Preferences file. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Or in the LrC Preferences dialog > General tab > Hold down [ALT] to see [Reset all Preferences and Relaunch]

2) Un-Install and Re-install LrC from the CC Desktop App.

3) Do a cold restart of computer.

4) Search and expand ALL Preset Groups to try and find the saved Preset.

5) Also try Creating a new Preset Group- (See the chapter in this link)

https://lenscraft.co.uk/photo-editing-tutorials/tutorial-organizing-lightroom-presets/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I may have found the problem.  I had an old copy of On1 2018 on my MBPro with Big Sur OS.  I went through the manual removal procedure as detailed by On1 on their website, then rebooted my laptop.  It seemed to work as my "User Presets" folder is now available.

Thanks for the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines