• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User preset to Enable Lens Correction not working on import

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a User Preset that, while selected, is not applied on Import. The preset has only two checkmarks: Treatment & Profile and Enable Lens Corrections.

Using LR Classic 11.4.1 on an iMac with macOS 12.4.

Eventually discovered LRC stored the preset in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings/EnableLensCorr on Import.xmp.

However, it is not being applied when importing a NEF file from a Nikon D850. After import the Enable Profile Corrections box is unchecked; toggling it manually shows and removes the correct Lens Profile.

Also, when I open the XMP file, I see this line:  crs:LensProfileEnable="0"   Could this setting explain why the preset is not applying the lens Profile Correction on import? Ofter setting a variable to zero turns it off. Will attach the file.

In the Develop module, in the presets section on the left side of the workspace, other presets are applied to the image in the workspace when moused over. However, the problematic preset, when moused over, only removes the Lens Profile Correctio if it had been manualy applied. 

In extensively searching this LRC community, tried many changes: various Preset Preferences: For Global: Camera Settings and Preset. When Camera Settings selected, correct camera is displayed (Nikon D850) and Default selected to be the desired User setting. Also tried toggling "Store presets with this catalog" on and off. I do not want presets stored with the catalog as I use several catalogs. Each time a preference was changed, LR was Quit and restarted. Still no happiness. 

Is this an instance where Adobe has acquiesced to a Nikon request to disable presets on import? Or is this a bug?

Thank you,

Doug

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that your camera defaults override this preset, so it's logical to set the preset as your camera default in Preferences - Presets. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment. It appears LR is not storing the preset preference. In Preferences | Presets, I set Global to Camera Settings, Camera to Nikon D850 and Default to Camera settings. Then closed Preferences. When I reopen Preferences | Presets, the camera has returned to the default Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Normally, when a preference is selected, it is stored when Preferences is closed. As a further test, I closed and then reopened LR after setting the camera; on reopening, the default Canon camera has reappeared. The issue is not resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should try resetting the Lightroom preferences, and then set your preset as camera default again. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted preferences by renaming .plist file, opened LR which created new .plist and put in all my custom prefs (again) including the one for the D850 and the default: Enable Lens Correction on Import. Closed Preferences. Reopened Preferences. Camera setting had changed back to Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Conclusions: 1. Resetting preferences does not resolve issue. 2. Buggy behavior continues: Camera setting newly entered in a new set of preferences are lost when Preferences panel is closed and reopened.

Problem is not resolved. 

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One additional test: On a new occasion, opened Preferences | Presets to find camera was not changed but the Default: option below camera that had been set to my own User preset, had been changed to Adobe Default. When I imported a new RAW image, the Lens Correction was not applied as had been specified earlier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines