• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User presets not visible since update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After importing my custom presets, only 1 of the 9 shows under user preset, i've tried older versions, deleting and uninstalling everything but nothing works. Anyone found a workaround for this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

What kind of presets are these? There is a bug where a preset does not show at all, if that preset applies a profile that isn't installed. Could that be your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

The profile was the problem! Thanks for the answer! Its now showing and doing what it should!8)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out. I'll need more info.

What format these User presets are? XMPs or LrTemplates? Go to Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets & confirm if the presets exist in the folders.

Check this thread for references & more help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/user-presets-missing-from-develop/td-p/...

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, its XMP's. I checked in the folders, there were a few but they are
still not visible in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of presets are these? There is a bug where a preset does not show at all, if that preset applies a profile that isn't installed. Could that be your problem?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile was the problem! Thanks for the answer! Its now showing and doing what it should!8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here, I can see the presets in the finder folder but they will not show up in my export templates within LRC. My templates do not appear to have the little sign as prefix, so I assume that is not the problem here. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 1.26.56 PM.png

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are totally different presets, meaning you posted in a totally unrelated thread. It is advisable to create a new thread and not 'revive' an old one like this. Especially not a thread that is marked 'Solved', because most people won't read new messages in such a thread. I will give one answer, but if that does not solve your problem, then start a new thread, do not continue here. Did you perhaps check the option to store presets with the catalog? If so, these presets (which are in the default location) will not show.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JohanElizenga, will do as you suggest. I did not check the option to store presets with the catalog.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi. What happened at my side was that there was a colour profile that was
connected to the preset that was not transferred. I went through all the
folders of my previous laptop, and made sure i coppied everything to the
folders of the new laptop. And somehow I got it to work.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines