Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 2 different Adobe accounts on the same PC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On my PC I would to use Lightroom CC sometimes with the account of an NGO I am volonteer in and some other time with my personal Adobe account.

Is it possible?

Does Lightroom recognize specific settings or preferences for each account as local storage?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

As far as I can see, there is no reason why you should not maintain two different LR Classic Catalogs. That gives you two image libaries. It is the Catalog which knows, and can implement, where imported photos live. So as new images are added, you can use an import preset in order to file them into whichever place you have assigned for the use of one or the other image libary.

Lightroom Classic has got both Catalog Settings, and Preferences the application generally. Presets etc can be held in a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Right. You Sign Out of one account and Sign In with the other. But the programs preferences and seeting stay the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this about LR Classic or the Cloud Centric LIGHTROOM? I'm moving this post the the LR Classic forum.

But to answer your question No the Sign In email address and password has nothing to do with User Perferences. They would be the same no matter what Adobe ID you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for your quick answer!

The 2 accounts are different :

- personal is Photography Formula (20 Go) with Lightrrom Classic+CC+Photoshop...

- NGO is Lightroom (1 To) with Lightroom CC only

So I would like to store locally copies for Lightroom (1 To) account at a different location than the Photography Formula account.

Have you an idea how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter about different Adobe IDs, Accounts. the programs are installed on your computer and the Preferences are also stored on your computers hard drive. Only One Preference file per program no matter how you Sign In. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that's clear now for me.

Yes I can use 2 accounts on the same computer.

But no it is not possible to have 2 different settings, one for each of the account. That is an drawback for me as the local storage of photos should not be on the same volume...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. You Sign Out of one account and Sign In with the other. But the programs preferences and seeting stay the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see, there is no reason why you should not maintain two different LR Classic Catalogs. That gives you two image libaries. It is the Catalog which knows, and can implement, where imported photos live. So as new images are added, you can use an import preset in order to file them into whichever place you have assigned for the use of one or the other image libary.

Lightroom Classic has got both Catalog Settings, and Preferences the application generally. Presets etc can be held in a central location accessible from either Catalog as well as from ACR  (or else can be made specific and dedicated to each Catalog). Keywords, Collections etc happen unrelatedly within each Catalog, reflecting that these act as two completely independent image libaries. Of course, if the same image file on disk was imported to both LR Classic libraries, then any operation which affected this file physically (such as deleting it) must impact this same photo in the context of the other library accordingly. But Lightroom (Cloud) has its own further, independent storage in the cloud and is only functionally interlinked through the syncing of change via Collections where you have explicitly asked for this.

Under a particular Adobe signin, you can Sync (the collections set to do so) from only one stated Lighroom-Classic Catalog, to the cloud storage / to and from Lightroom (Cloud). So that could be the NGO work.

But you can also have a different Lightroom-Classic Catalog that you use for other purposes, with different photos imported into it. The locations of all of these imported photos can be wherever you like: separating those to different storage volumes, if that is a requirement / preference, including network accessed storage, would work fine.

The Catalogs themselves can live on the same or different volumes, just so long as these are internal / local rather than network accessed. Even under the same Adobe sigin, this other Catalog can not have any syncing to the cloud and therefore there is no possibility of confusion or mixing of photos so far as the NGO image libary - whether as locally housed, or as hosted in the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

I finally found a solution very simple: I create a dedicated Windows account on my PC for my NGO work with Lightroom CC. And then on the same PC I could be connected at the same time on my personnel Adobe account for the Photography formula (Lightroom Classic + CC) and on the NGO Adobe account for the Lighroom CC cloud formula. I worked perfectky and lightroom use 2 different settings (ie: for the local storage) on each Lightroom parallel sessions...

THanks for your contributions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crud, mine just started doing this too.  I have to log out of my buisness account to open my Lightroom that I pay for on my personal account but I cant use any programs unless I log out and back on to my Buisiness acaount?  how is this supposed to work?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have a similar dilemma. I subscribe personally to the Photoshop + Lightroom combo but got promoted at my job, where an Adobe account exists for using InDesign for publication layouts (but no PS/LR, apparently on that plan). I suppose I could upgrade my personal account to add InDesign to it, but why should I have to assume that added expense if I am supposed to be able to use InDesign on this laptop I can bring home to do work on so I am not forced to live at work? Why does it have to be so difficult and convoluted? I hate it since Adobe switched to cloud-based subscription model.

One day recently, for some reason, Adobe forced us all to log in to accounts. Well, we use a third-party administrator who is very stingy with sharing because he doesn't want us attaching personal phone numbers as backup for accounts and that sort of thing in case anybody leaves the company and can't be reached anymore or left on bad terms and want to make things complicated. On that particular day, I was an hour away from press deadline and couldn't access InDesign because only the administrator three states away knows the computer admin login to authorize anyone entering our Adobe account passwords. What a headache! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines