• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 6.14 on Monterey?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I currently have Lightroom 6.14 stand alone. I reached out to customer service to help me update this version since I am currently running the MAC OS Monterey 12.1.

CS told me "I am sorry but we are unable to provide you the latest version of the application.
You can install the latest version of the Adobe applications and will be able to use them for a 7 day trial"

I felt being scammed 100%. Is it just me that felt it this way? Totally unacceptable.

So, how did you guys able to update your Lightroom 6 to the latest version without buying it? Please let me know. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not being scammed. That's not what happened. No one has updated beyond Lightroom 6.14 without paying for it because — there is no free update to 6.14.

Lightroom 6 is unsupported. The answer you received from tech support is the only answer that anyone ever gets, since Adobe publicly stated that Lightroom 6 would become unsupported at year-end 2017.

The only update available is if you spend actual money and subscribe to the current version of this software (which has changed its name) and is called Lightroom Classic 11.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't even install LR6 under Monterey although if installed, it may still run so-so. The installer isn't 64-bit. If your Mac can boot a very old OS that supports 32-bit installers, you may be able to install it, then run (again so-so) under 12.X.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eamjao16 wrote:

So, how did you guys able to update your Lightroom 6 to the latest version without buying it? Please let me know. Thank you.

No one has done that, and there is no scam. Lightroom 6 was originally released seven years ago, and unfortunately, it is part of the category of Mac applications that have to be replaced, because some part of it doesn’t work with the macOS changes that Apple requires in macOS 10.15 and later.

The current version (Lightroom Classic 11, six versions and seven years later), is compatible with macOS 12 Monterey, but the only way to get it is through a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to pick up on this very old thread - I still have an older Mac running Lightroom 6.14 perfectly well _ I do have the option of upgarding the machine to Monterey but not any further - did 6.14 run without problems on Montereay for you in the end ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines