Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a fast gaming mouse during masking creates unwanted masking actings

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am using a fast gaming mouse the Logitech G502 in lightroom and when I perform precise masking Lightroom is so slow that the correct movements of my mouse with the left button down are not registered, but the movements I do with the left button released are.
So for example I finished my masking on a subject - and not all masking actions are registered - and move to the menu's on the left or the right without touching my left mouse button Lightroom do register these actions, though the left mousebutton is already long time released, as a masking action, resulting in wild traces on the picture as I included.
This is very annoying because then I have to go back with Control Z and redo the masking action. Whenever I move my mouse afterwards without having the left button clicked creates again a wild masking trace.
It is so anoying and time consuming. Masking is too slow and has noting to do with the performance in Photoshop.
Please correct because this is ruining my work.
Thanks
Roger

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not happening with my Magic Mouse or a couple of Logitech mice i have so maybe it is an issue with you mouse of mouse settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I closer study the issue it seems that it has to do with an overfolow on the mouse message queue which means that there is a possibility to hack Adobe software. Next to the fact it is not workable it is also dangerous because it creates a flaw in Adobe Lightroom.
I hope Adobe will quickly close it and resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines