• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using cloud-based version of LR to find missing files

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom for desktop 5.3 installed and have just about given up on searching for the thousands of missing files. Were I to find a way to perform a global search on a drive - down through the folders - for a missing file, I could work this out. Unfortunately, it appears my version of LR does not allow that (although I saw this performed in youtube video, but on a mac, and with a different version of LR, or so I gather from the interface). If I subscribe to the cloud-based version, what will happen? Files are everywhere over several drives in my computer. And some folders have been renamed, etc. I'm assuming that subscribing will be of little use in locating these files but as I'm totally in the dark as to how the images in my folders in the desktop version sync with the cloud based version, asking here. Also, seems there is a downloadable subscription version, which makes it all the more confusing. Any help appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My advice- Please don't swap to the 'Cloud Version' of Lightroom- it would just lead you to more confusion, as it requires your images to be moved and stored in the Cloud.

In your other Forum thread you were given advice of a link that describes - how to "Find Missing Photos" that would apply to your (ancient) Lightroom v5.3 (Perpetual).

Fix that issue before you 'charge off' elsewhere.

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

And it is YOU that needs to locate the 'Missing' Files/Folders using the File Explorer window that Lightroom 'opens'. Yes YOU need to know where all your photos are located in your system Hard-drives.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines