• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Denoise saves 2 photos and includes the noisy photo in links

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the new Denoise in Lightroom, how do I delete the un-denoise photo behind the edited denoise photo so it doesn't send in the photo links to my clients

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise and teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you want to delete it. If you do that, you do not have a path back to your original RAW, should you wish to try other edits or other noise reductions. Anyway, the better solution is just to not send the links to the original RAW ... but we can't advise because we don't know how you are creating and sending links, and we don't even know what software you are using.

What software are you talking about, Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? How are you creating and sending links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. The denoised file is demosaiced, encoded into three RGB channels instead of one grayscale. So it's no longer a "genuine" raw file.

If you absolutely must delete one, delete the denoised one. That can be repeated, but not the other way round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the new Denoise in Lightroom, how do I delete the un-denoise photo behind the edited denoise photo so it doesn't send in the photo links to my clients

Thanks!

By @Danielle295745302fb8

I believe you are talking about the fact that de denoised DNG and the original are stacked. You do not have to stack the denoised photo and the original, however. That's an option in the denoise dialog.

1 2023-04-25 21-11-27.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines