• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Faces function creating a Collection of a specific face for slideshow or book

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a 'Collection' that   contains  multiple images of a certain person that I have catagorized in the Faces function.  On the main 'Confirmed' screen I can select the multiple images of this person either alone or in a group with others  but I cannot move these images to the filmstrip or directly into  a Collection Folder.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK The "Faces function" tags and creates a 'Person' keyword for named faces. eg. Bill Smith.

Find a Person Keyword in the Keyword List Panel, and click the arrow at the end of the keyword to view photos of that person.

2022-05-23 10_31_59-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Next: Select all the photos (of Bill Smith), [Ctrl + A ]

Click the Collection header [+] to create a Collection- check the option to [include selected photos]

2022-05-23 10_32_31-Create Collection.jpg   [Create].

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob,

Your instructions worked perfectly!!

Best,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.....but I cannot move these images to the filmstrip or directly into  a Collection Folder.  Any suggestions?

If you select all the images in the "Confirmed" panel they will automatically all be selected in the Filmstrip, but depending on the spacing of the images throughout the selected source, it may be that only the first selected image will be visible in the Filmstrip. However, all the rest will also be selected, so at that point you can drag the first selected image from the Filmstrip to the Collection and all the other selected photos will go along as well (or create the Collection in the Collections Panel while choosing to "Include Selected Photos").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim,

Much appreciated.

Best,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines