• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom on an Airplane with No WIFI login.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fly and try to open Lightroom.  Lightroom will not open without an internet connection. 

I pay for the monthly service.

I can't log in, and use Lightroom in the airplane. 

Why do you require me, with an Adobe Serial number based monthly payment to log in without an internet inaction.

Why do you require an internet connection to use Lightroom in an airplane.
You are becoming impossible as an application I can use..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use airlines much anymore.  But I regularly use Lightroom while traveling in an RV and don't have any trouble using it when off the grid. 

Did this happen once, twice or all the time?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will not open without an internet connection. 

I never see any message of this kind. Lightroom just opens.

Do you get an error message which tells you an internet connection is required? Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information we are guessing but I would imagine from your description that you are signing out when you close Lightroom.

Don't sign out when you finish using Lightroom unless you need to and it will work just fine. Just close Lightroom down as you woutdoor your browser for example and the next time Lightroom will start up normally.

I travel regularly on aircraft and don't have any problems  this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I will be using Lightroom and if my husband turns off the internet lightroom “quits unexpectedly“ and won’t reopen until I have internet connection again. I would like to be able to use it without internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joeswickfoto  wrote

I can't log in, and use Lightroom in the airplane.

Here's the problem. You have logged out at some point in time before you get on the airplane, and then you can't log in because logging in requires internet access. If you don't log out, you can use Lightroom for 30 days without needing internet access (and there's no need to do the pointless log out followed by log in)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had an paid once annually plan, I think it was 90 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who pay monthly have to log in every 30 days, and people who pay annually every 99 days: Lightroom Classic CC Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Lightroom on a long return flight from Hawaii over the Pacific Ocean. The United Airlines flight had no internet access because their wifi service depends on the use of cell towers. With 5 hours to kill, I was editing my vacation photos in Lightroom Classic on my MacBook Pro.  

After a few hours, though, my MacBook Pro suddenly crashed (which is quite rare). When I rebooted it, Lightroom Classic would not let me operate the program anymore without connecting to the internet to verify my credentials. I had to either validate or quit the program. I could not connect to validate, so I could no longer edit my pictures during the flight.

I have been a paying subscriber for several years. Did my 30 or 90 day leash suddenly run out in the middle of this flight? Also, did it cause the crash in the first place? The program had accepted that I was a legtimate user for the few hours leading up to the crash. It is an illogical and poorly designed behavior to block me from using the program suddenly, with no way to continue my work until I arrived back home. Why can't Adobe store the credential on the local machine so we can use the software offline?

It is vexing that we are paying for a subsciption with no live help or attention to issues like these from Adobe. So, thanks to the community for listening. If other people have this issue, perhaps something will be done about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Computers don't crash because you are using Lightroom Classic. Computers crash because of a hardware malfunction or because of a bad/corrupt/out-of-date driver.

It is possible that when the computer crashed, the information about your subscription was somehow corrupted and that's why a new log-in was needed. Normally, internet is not needed to use Lightroom Classic because your credentials are stored on your computer. (Or it is possible that the timing of checking of your subscription did indeed expire while you were in the air).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines