• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom on Surface Pro 8 tablet on vacation then import later to home computer?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take photos and place on Surface Pro 8 to be viewed and edited somewhat on Lightroom.  Later, when return home, how would I migrate these same photos to somewhere on my home computer (or the Cloud but my photos are over 1TB) where Lightroom can store and edit them?  Also, I will likely exceed 1 TB of photos when I go to add any new photos so I currently keep my phoos on extra hard drives.  (I had hoped to use OneDrive for all photos but now too large)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Lightroom doesn’t mind where you choose to store the photos. They can be on an internal drive, an external drive, a network drive, or even a mix of different drives. The important detail is that you know where they are.

You can make life easier for yourself by keeping your folders of photos under a single parent folder (or one for each drive), rather than scattering them in random locations. As your collection of photos grows, you may need to expand onto additional hard drives, which isn’t a problem for Lightroom.

To migrate photos in Lightroom, check this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html
Let us know if this helps.
Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines