• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Synology NAS w/Lightroom Classic causing corruption.

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As other people in my photography group have, I implemented a Synology NAS recently. It seemed OK at first but then my catalog started getting corrupted constantly. I have it set up so that everything on my hard drive is mirrored to the NAS (that includes the catalog). Is this what is causing the corruption? Do I need to store the catalog on a separate drive so it does not get uploaded to the NAS? I need to fix this ASAP as I have been unable to work in LightRoom for months due to this issue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

see:

Lightroom Classic catalog FAQ: ADOBE

and you will see:

Can I store or share a catalog on a network?

No, you can't store catalogs on a network but you can store or share your photos on a network. Smart Previews let you edit your photos in Lightroom Classic even when you are disconnected from the network or when your computer is disconnected from the drive that has your photos.

Storing the catalog on a NAS will eventually corrupt the catalog. Plenty of postings in this community on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines