Using your keyboard to select local adjustment presets or develop presets

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reeviewing several 3rd party Lightroom workflow plugins such as Motibodo and Phixer, it seems they have enabled a funtion to assign a keyboard shortcut to select brush presets and develop presets. I'm aware that Motibodo is using Keyboard Maerstro to run some functions. Does anyone know how this is accomplished? In the Motibodo example videos it doesnt appear to be using a "mouse over" function to access the preset panel, as the mouse position never moves.

See an example at 2:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftih7s5YeEw&t=2s

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question. When I record a Keyboard Maestro action that clicks on a LR Develop preset, it records a mouse Move And Click action. Autohotkey on Windows has a mechanism to access the individual elements of a user interface, but I don't see anything in Keyboard Maestro that's similar.

Motibodo isn't using any documented methods of the LR plugin SDK to do it, since the SDK doesn't provide any ability to select a Develop or Effect preset. They could be hacking into the LR internals via SDK backdoors.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines