• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V10 Catalogue not found

Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fired up LRC and it would not start, finally it said it couldnt find the catalogue. I freaked.

i have a time machine backup.

i do remember when it updated the new version it said it saved the old catalogue somewhere or that i would not be able to use the old catalogue?

I dont remember where the catalogue folder is.

What can i do?

can i recover the catalogue from time machine? What files do i need? I dont have to restore the entire snapshop shot right?

sorry i have had such a rough time with my imac in the last month.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

You DO want to use the one with v10 in the name. You can do this by double clicking to launch it.

If that's not the right one, you can go into Lightroom Classic, and choose File > Open Recent... and you'll see a list of the most recently opened catalog files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search for the suffix of the catalog ".lrcat" (without the quotes). That's your catalog.

I'm guessing that when the catalog was updated, it put it in a location different than where you had yours from before.

Please note that wherever you put the catalog, keep it there, do not move it around in your Finder/Explorer. It's critical that LRC knows where the catalog is and if it was moved, LRC has issues. So just find a place you like and keep it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. I couldnt find it....I am thinking the V10 in the lrcat name is because it was updated.

At this point I do not want to use the catalogue without the v10 in the name even though it is a larger file? right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored the lrcat. a lot easier than I ever imagined... Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You DO want to use the one with v10 in the name. You can do this by double clicking to launch it.

If that's not the right one, you can go into Lightroom Classic, and choose File > Open Recent... and you'll see a list of the most recently opened catalog files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU...I have no idea....thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SHA-BANG!!!!!   it worked!!! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you have things sorted!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines