• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vacation pictures on SSD edited on laptop need to move to desktop home computer

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping I did this right, but I did not and now I am stuck. I went on vacation and downloaded all my pictures that I took over several days to an external SSD that was connected to my travel laptop. Once downloaded I did some editing and saved the edits to the travel SSD. Now I am back home and want to transfer all of the pictures AND the edits I made while on vacation to my desktop at home. I do not want to use the SSD I used while on vacation with my home desktop. I had no problem importing the pictures, however, I lost all the editing I did, so I really don't want to do all the editing over and all I want to do is to transfer/copy all my pictures and the editing from the SSD I used for travel and download them to my home desktop. I do not have a home network, it is just me and my desktop and my laptop, nothing fancy and I am not a computer engineer. My system is PC windows 10, up to date with all microsoft updates. Please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Importing the image files into the desktop's catalog will only import the image files without the editing made on the laptop. What you should have done is to use Export As Catalog on the laptop and then import that catlog into the desktop LrC catalog. See the below article for details. You may need to "remove" (not delete) the files you have already imported. In LrC on the deksop Select all of them and hit the Delete key. Choose 'Remove From Catalog' and NOT Delete from drive. Then follow the pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Importing the image files into the desktop's catalog will only import the image files without the editing made on the laptop. What you should have done is to use Export As Catalog on the laptop and then import that catlog into the desktop LrC catalog. See the below article for details. You may need to "remove" (not delete) the files you have already imported. In LrC on the deksop Select all of them and hit the Delete key. Choose 'Remove From Catalog' and NOT Delete from drive. Then follow the procedures in the below article. Are the trip files still on the SSD or did you also move them to the desktop's HDD/SSD before importing them.

https://lightroomkillertips.com/exporting-importing-classic-catalog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines