• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing Lightroom web albums without casting

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts on how to view web albums created in Lightroom (CC) on a TV that does not involve casting from another device? Ideally I'd like to view my LR albums on my TV directly. I understand that there is an Apple TV app that can do something like this, but I have invested in devices like Roku and Amazon Fire Sticks. I don't want to buy yet another expensive Apple product that to do one specific task. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question about Lightroom Classic? (You are in the Lightroom Classic forum, but it does not seem that you are asking about Lightroom Classic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have not identified properly, yes, my question is about LR Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only solutions without casting that I am aware of is the AppleTV app (which works well by the way but Adobe discontinued so is no longer updated) or to use a webbrowser on certain smart TVs which is extremely clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HDMI cable from my computer to my HD TV, so in essence, the screen of my computer is not being "cast" to the HD TV, instead the HD TV is really just another monitor for the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have not been able to piece anything together yet. I've tried using either a Plex or Jellyfin media server but it is slow and the interface is not ideal. I was considering running a local webserver with static pages generated by Lightroom, but that will take some messing around to get there from ground zero, which is where I am at now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't actually tried it, but my Samsung smart tv has an app called "Internet". If your tv has that kind of app, try that.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks KR, that's an interesting idea! I don't use the "smart" features of my TV as I have a few other devices plugged in to handle the more complex stuff. My LG TV does have an internal browser that I may be able to use to serve up local web albums from LR. Another route to follow, but at least that might take another device out of the chain, which always seems to have a speed impact. Will update you if I can make this work somehow. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internet browser on my samsung works (but extremely inconvenient to enter the web address) but does not display at full resolution (it's only 1080p on my 4k display). Most of these 'Smart TV" apps are that way. Casting or Airplay in my experience is the only thing that is reliable for good looking display as is the AppleTV app although Adobe has discontinued that too. I currently use the smugmug AppleTV app which works better than all of these. They make an Android TV app version too: https://www.smugmughelp.com/en/articles/482-smugmug-s-android-tv-app So if you use smugmug (or flickr by the way since they are the same company nowadays), you should be able to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the TV's browser, you can view collections synced to LR Mobile. You could navigate to your LR Web account in the browser, and then log in, or share those collections and navigate to the shortened share URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines