• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual Copies Missing From Yesterday

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a bunch of virtual copies yesterday and today I opened the same collection and now I have one virtual copy when I created over 100 yesterday. Opened the same catalog by default and RAWs are in the same place on my server. Running LR Classic 10.2 on a Windows 10 Pro machine.

I've tried checking the master and virtual copy buttons at the top right with no help. They aren't stacked and all filters have been reset.

Any help greatly appreciated???

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they missing from a certain collection, or from the catalog? When you hit the delete key while you are in a collection, the selected images are removed from that collection without any warning or any confirmation dialog. That means this can easily happen by mistake.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a slim possibility and I'll have to watch it going forward to see if it happens again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Johan has mentioned, check if they exist sill in the catalog by looking i either All Photographs or in the relevant Folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual copies are not created in the folder with the originals but are contained in the catalog as I understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Virtual copies are not created in the folder with the originals but are contained in the catalog"

To clarify your statement-

-Virtual copies are not 'physical' files created on the hard-drive. They only exist as visible previews in the Catalog. (being just another 'text' entry in the catalog database describing a different history of edits.)

-Virtual Copies DO always appear next to their 'Master' preview version in the Library module Folder Grid view, or the 'All Photographs' list.

It is possible to have only the Virtual Copy in a Collection view (without its Master version).

I support both replies from @JohanElzenga and @Geoff the kiwi 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines