Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VSCO profiles with newer (unsupported) cameras

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a way to make VSCO profiles & Lightroom Classic CC/ACR work with newer cameras that have yet to be updated by VSCO? Especially given the near-discontinuation of VSCO I think many would be interested in finding a workaround for this. I've tried a number of different things but no luck.

To be clear my problem isn't with presets but rather the VSCO camera profiles.

Things I've tried:

1. renaming copies of existing VSCO Nikon profiles with the name of the new camera (i.e. Nikon d810>>>Nikon Z7 & Nikon d810>>>Nikon Z 7)

2. Importing profiles via the dialogs in Lightroom Classic CC and ACR in PS CC 2019

3. deleting the Index.dat file in the CameraProfiles folder

4. Moving profiles from CameraProfiles into the CameraSettings folder

Incidentally, I'm on a Mac running LR Classic CC 8.1. I'm specifically working with Nikon Z 7 files but I imagine that the solution would be essentially the same for any given camera.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I found a new way that also works for editing camera names further than just editing a "3" to a "4" with no hassle:

This is for MAC:

1. download dcpTool from app store (its 9.99USD but worth the effect imo)

2. put all the dcps from older camera (in my case GFX50S) into a new folder

3. dcpTool batch generates decompiled versions of the dcp files as .xml files in the same folder

4. delete the "old" .dcp files

5. open the .xml with Dreamweaver or even texteditor, find this field:

<UniqueCameraModelRestriction>Fujifilm GFX 50S</UniqueCameraModelRestriction>

here you can just change the text (in my case to >Fujifilm GFX 50S II<) 

6. recompile the .xml to .dcp with dcpTools again

7. put the newly compiled .xml in your cameraraw/cameraprofiles folder and you're golden

Also: if you're unsure what the accurate text for you camera model is, just find a .dcp for your camera in the "Adobe Standard" subfolder of CameraProfiles and decompile it as well to take a look at its xml and the text field of UniqueCameraModelRestriction

enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works like you said but the only problem is with tint! everything looks so red so i had to reduce it at the beginning to -30 to get standard tones with my presets. Do you know why? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have no idea, mine were all normal... Did you take an original vsco file,
or some profile, you made from the color checker? The home made profiles
tend to have this problem you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a profile from vsco 6 and with my old camera d750 was everything fine but with z6II tint seems to be changed a lot! To get natural tones i reduced to -30! which is a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and it is the same problem. there is only one preset  that looks better with long name but the rest is so red! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one I created on my own, which is making some contrast with exposure
(curves written in profile).
Are you using nef or dng files?
Try doenloading some sample raws from internet if there will be any
difference.

https://m.dpreview.com/samples/3908374280/nikon-z6-ii-sample-gallery#&gid=1&pid=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use nef files.

Thank you, i will. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Esto me ha funcionado gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I read the wole thread. I have the Nikon Z 6 2 and need to update my VSCO profiles. I see theere are the 2 manual ways,

but maybe somebody would share his/her files that work after the update for Nikon Z6II?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNemLondeQ

This works a treat. Time consuming but easy enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey !! Have you found a solution ? I'm soooo desperate with my new Z7II. Z7 was still actually working I don't even know why and the video everyone shows from Igor is not working for me since I don't have the same folders or files apparently. Thank you for your help !! 

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

thanks tor all the answers. Since a lot of people seem to have this issue maybe someone is nice and generous to provide a downloadlink to updated camera profiles (for in my case Z9 and Z6 II) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

thanks tor all the answers. Since a lot of people seem to have this issue maybe someone is so nice and generous to provide a downloadlink to updated camera profiles (for in my case Z9 and Z6 II) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I made changes to my profiles and share them here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LVTRs_GvxXhfSKjcsHdP5upv69WMM1kY?usp=sharing

Remember to copy them to a right folder. And restart Lightroom afterwards to see them.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you  for sharing those !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

do you have them for the Z6 (first gen)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good gravy that took me a HOT minute to figure out (I had to use a method to decompile and then recompile the files individually), but I have the profiles for the Nikon Z9 and Z62 as well as Canon R6 here for download if anyone else is on the struggle bus too. I hope I will remember how I did this if future camera bodies come into play, agh!! Grab them here and throw them in your color profiles folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6wpv2hesm3i1v0q/AAAlFuRAfzDpZqVIdjQ07cuca?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

do you have them for the Z6 (first gen)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!  I've used your R6 profiles and they work.  I was pulling my hair out trying this years ago, but wanted to revist the info online.  I missed my old custome profile that I had made.  I'll need to try to work out my other vsco profiles as i had many of them.  By chance do you have any others?  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, a huge THANK YOU to those who shared their fixed files with the rest of us!! I have multiple vsco packs so i'll have to fix those myself but now i know what the correct syntagm is. 

Now, i'm guessing the modified profiles work best if they're based on a camera profile as close to the new (unsupported) one as possible. My current camera is a Nikon Z 6 II. Does anyone have any idea what would be the closest camera model among the original profiles by vsco? So that i tweak & update the files for that model.

(My old camera was a Nikon D90 but i'm guessing the vsco profile for it wouldn't produce the same results when applied to the Z6II as there are so many differences in camera sensor and other specs between the two models. Right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say nikon D750 probably 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final solution without editing HEX:

1. Download DNG Profile Editor (from Adobe, but not on their servers anymore)

https://foto-download.heise.de/df2103/html/p32259.htm

2. Export a photo from a new camera as "dng", such as new Nikon Z f

3. Open DNG Profile Editor and load dng photo (File/Open DNG...)

4. Select "Base Profile:" your desired VSCO or other Camera Profile

5. File/Export Profile or Crtl+E

6. Leave the Filename prefix as a Camera Name, change only the Profile Name after a space sign

7. Copy new Profile to:
(Windows) C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

If done properly, it should have the same result as changing the HEX values as the method in the video I posted before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNemLondeQ&ab_channel=CarmenandIngoPhotography

Try both methods and compare for the best result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I don't know how to edit post, there is still a DNG Profile Editor hidden on the Adobe website:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html

Direct link Windows:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/win/DNG_Profile_Editor_win_1_0_4.exe

Direct link Mac:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac/DNG_Profile_Editor_mac_1_0_4.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenos días, te agradecería si me creas un presets para la Canon EOS 1D X Mark II o decirme dónde me he equivocado en este presets (no puedo subirlo aquí) 😭,  Canon EOS 1D X Mark II Fuji 160C 2C. muchas gracias y un Saludo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines