• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want Photoshop not camera raw

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my setup, I can go from Lightroom Classic directly to Photoshop with no problem. A friend has the same basic setup (Lightroom Classic and Photoshop 2021), but when selecting "Edit in Photoshop 2021", she always goes to camera raw, not photoshop. We tried researching on Google, but can't find out why this is happening.

Is there something in the Plugin manager that needs to be changed?

Thanks,

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Edit in Photoshop' should never bring you into Camera Raw, because there is no need: Camera Raw and the Lightroom develop module are identical. Maybe your friend uses drag and drop? On a Macintosh, dragging an image from Lightroom onto the Photoshop icon in the Dock does indeed send the original image, so if that image is a raw image then Camera Raw will open.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan and thanks for replying. She tries to access Photoshop by going to Photo -> Edit in Photoshop 2021 and consistently gets Camera Raw, not Photoshop. We've been trying different things and even compared Lightroom preferences, line by line.  Both our systems have the latest OS and latest versions of LR and PS. The only difference is that she has the new Apple M1 processor and I've got an Intel i5 on our MacBook Pros. 

I'm starting to think it's something in the plugin manager, but I won't have access to her system again until tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic uses Bridge Script (also known as Bridge Talk) to link with Photoshop. Since there has been next to no work on same in a long time, it may be where the issue your friend is seeing arises. I expect the Dev team will update the scripts when undertaking the work to make LrC fully compatible with the M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, maybe that's it and greatly appreciate the update. I'll continue to see if I can find a workaround in the meantime. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both our systems have the latest OS and latest versions of LR and PS. The only difference is that she has the new Apple M1 processor and I've got an Intel i5 on our MacBook Pros.

That is a major difference, and may indeed explain it. Photoshop runs natively on the M1, but Lightroom Classic does not yet. It is running under Rosetta 2. That makes it complicated for the two apps to communicate correctly.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I though they had a native version by now, but I guess not. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines